Enter your email address below to subscribe to this blog!


powered by Bloglet
|

Friday, September 15, 2006

Using tablets to go to sleep?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wikipedia defines insomnia as "an inability to sleep and/or to remain asleep for a reasonable period. Insomniacs typically complain of being unable to close their eyes or "rest their mind" for more than a few minutes at a time. Both organic and nonorganic insomnia constitute a sleep disorder[1][2]. It is often caused by fear, stress, anxiety, medications, herbs or caffeine. An overactive mind or physical pain may also be causes. Finding the underlying cause of insomnia is usually necessary to cure it". Being an insomniac myself, i dont get to sleep much, but is insomnia a positive or a negative attribute? i really dunno how to answer that particular question. I generally tend to wake up at 6 in the morning, but sleep is the real problem, i dont feel like sleeping all through the night, the only thing i can do is try counting sheep and still remain awake when i have counted 5000. A better option which i use quite often nowadays is to use sleeping pills to go to sleep. Insomnia may not be all that ironic but, atleast it makes me kinda tired all through day. I really am not able to figure out how i became an insomniac coz there doesnt seem to be a heriditary background to this particular disorder, moreover this kind of insomnia problems have been prevailent for me only for the past few years. I have been more restless over the past few years and have been overstressed and kind of more angry at myself and the world around me. Some have even suggested that i may be psychologically weak to be an insomniac. The answers that have been offered to me about this particular disorder of mine havent been all that satisfactory, and im still searching for answers

Note: Sorry for writing about the boring subject, but i just felt like writing something about it :)

3 Comments:

Blogger S said...

you're insomniac?? :O :O how? why?? :O and don't you get really tired counting sheep and then fall asleep?? :P

and chuck the sleeping pills. they AINT good!! :O :O

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ramya Shankar said...

I used to be an insomniac ! I used to force myself to sleep at one point of time.

9:45 AM  
Blogger stephenhacking said...

@s

yepz im an insomniac, yeah i do count sleep and never tend to go to sleep

@ramya

Same here, im really tryin to force myself to sleep

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home